Thank you for your interest in working for the Minnesota Council of Churches.
We are pleased to offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Gold Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Employer contributing retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
POSITION TITLE: Refugee Program Specialist: Housing Specialist (Temporary, 1 FTE, non-exempt)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide and coordinate services to refugees and asylees which promote self-sufficiency and goal attainment in compliance with MCCRS programs and contracts. This program works specifically within case management and employment services to locate and secure housing for refugee and asylee program participants.
- Perform outreach to landlords to promote the housing of MCC refugee clients.
- Maintain positive working relationships with landlords.
- Seek and secure safe and affordable housing for refugees enrolled in MCC services.
- Ensure housing is set up with required essential furnishings and household items.
- Facilitate housing education workshops for refugees enrolled in MCC services.
- Facilitate housing orientations for refugees in new housing secured by MCC.
- Manage and update database of landlords, housing options, and landlord outreach.
- Facilitate landlord engagement plans
- Track participant outcomes.
- Complete and file appropriate reports in a timely manner.
- Document all contacts and services in the case file
- In cooperation with employment counselors and case managers, meet outcome goals defined in contract(s) related to four lines of service, including the following:
- Provide direct assistance to clients
- Assist with filing forms for clients
- Respond to client questions
- Complete reports, as directed
- Work with clients and employers to secure appropriate employment opportunities.
- Maintain positive relationships with community partners relevant to program activities.
- Work closely with MCC colleagues to ensure that refugees are integrated into the broader array of services available in the organization
- Submit regular reports to track client outcomes, fulfill reporting requirements, and capture client success stories.
- Oversee volunteer activities, as appropriate.
- Assist in emergencies as they arise
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required.
- At least 1 year prior professional case management experience working directly with refugees or recent immigrants, and experience working collaboratively with community service providers.
- Knowledge of local refugee and immigrant populations, the resources available to them, and the state and federal policies that impact them.
- Demonstrated understanding of American culture and ability to interpret cultural differences.
- Commitment to early self-sufficiency of refugees
- Strong motivational and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated Ability to maintain detailed records and submit accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Strong English language communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated strong communication, negotiation, and mediation skills.
- Proven ability to work in crisis situations.
- Proven capacity to work in fast paced social service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook preferred. Proven ability to use basic office equipment including copiers, postage machines, and fax machines
- Driver’s license and access to a reliable transportation required.
- Demonstrated strong cross-cultural communication, negotiation, and mediation skills.
- Ability to effectively bring key players to the table and to facilitate communication and concrete action around a common goal.
- Working knowledge of the U.S. refugee resettlement program strongly desired.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Normal office conditions. This position works out of MCC’s Minneapolis office at 122 Franklin Ave. W, Minneapolis, MN. Job duties are performed primarily during the weekday business hours, with occasional weekend or evening hours.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
REVIEW BEGINS JANUARY 6
APPLICATION AVAILABLE AT BELOW
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS TO
Minnesota Council of Churches * 122 West Franklin Ave #100 * Minneapolis MN 55404
Phone: 612-230-3204 * FAX: 612-870-3622 * email@example.com
MCC Employment Application Form