Thank you for your interest in working for the Minnesota Council of Churches.
The Minnesota Council of Churches offers a competitive benefits package, including:
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Gold Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance/ Long-term disability coverage
- Vacation and holidays
- Employer contributing pension plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Link to MCC Employment Application form
POSITION TITLE: Refugee Program Specialist: Resettlement Case Manager (Regular, 1 FTE, non-exempt)
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Refugee Services
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide and coordinate services to refugees and asylees which promote self-sufficiency and goal attainment in compliance with MCCRS programs and contracts. This position works specifically with the refugee services team to assist refugees to connect to public and private support systems, problem solve to meet a wide range of basic needs, provide cultural orientation, assist with translation/interpretation, and maintain detailed case file records.
- Conduct intake and assessments to determine client eligibility for program(s).
- Encourage early self-sufficiency and independence of all program participants.
- Develop plans with program participants empowering them to reach agreed-upon goals and meet program guidelines.
- Assist clients develop skills to reach defined personal and program goals.
- Provide direct assistance to clients based on program goals, client goal plans, and position work plan.
- Provide follow up services to ensure program goals and client needs are met.
- Make appropriate and meaningful referrals to meet client needs, as appropriate.
- Explain application procedures to individuals and/or assist participants to complete forms.
- Work closely with MCC colleagues to ensure that refugees are integrated into the broader array of services available in the organization
- Promote MCC Refugee Services Programs to potential clients and recruit clients to meet enrollment goals.
- Meet outcome goals defined in contract(s) related to four lines of service. Including the following:
- Provide or ensure basic needs support for a period of 30 days after arrival.
- Provide or ensure core services during the first 90 days after arrival.
- Coordinate reception and placement services with Match Grant program and promote the philosophy of early employment.
- Seek and secure housing for refugees enrolled in MCC services
- Ensure housing is set up with required essential furnishings and household items.
- Provide translation and interpretation support for other Refugee Services projects, as needed.
- Provide ongoing cultural orientation to program participants
- Maintain positive relationships with community partners relevant to program activities.
- Submit regular reports to track client outcomes, fulfill reporting requirements, and capture client success stories.
- Document all contacts and services in case files, as appropriate
- Oversee volunteer activities, as appropriate.
- Teach Cultural Orientation classes as assigned by the Assistant Director of Refugee Services.
- Assist in emergencies as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with refugees or recent immigrants, in case management capacity preferred
- Knowledge of local refugee and immigrant populations, the resources available to them, and the state and federal policies that impact them.
- Demonstrated understanding of American culture and ability to interpret cultural differences.
- Commitment to early self-sufficiency of refugees
- Strong motivational and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain detailed records and submit accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Strong English language communication skills, both oral and written.
- Bilingual proficiency in Somali and/or Arabic preferred.
- Demonstrated strong communication, negotiation, and mediation skills.
- Proven ability to work in crisis situations.
- Prefer case management experience focusing on attainment of outcomes in areas of housing, employment, education, family functioning, or immigration.
- Proven capacity to work in fast paced social service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook preferred. Proven ability to use basic office equipment including copiers, postage machines, and fax machines
- Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation required.
- Availability to work occasional weekend or evening hours
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Normal office conditions. This position works out of MCC’s office at 122 West Franklin Avenue in Minneapolis. Job duties are performed during the weekday business hours, with occasional weekend and evening hours.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, pension, sick leave, vacation and holiday benefits as provided by MCC human resources policy.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS BEGINS APRIL 29, 2016
APPLICATION AVAILABLE BELOW
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION MATERIALS TO
Minnesota Council of Churches * 122 West Franklin Ave #100 * Minneapolis MN 55404
Phone: 612-230-3204 * FAX: 612-870-3622 * email@example.com
Link to MCC Employment Application form