This week, we bring you a new recipe to try featuring Bhutan’s famous red rice. Enjoy!
- 1 c. red rice (http://www.lotusfoods.com/Bhutan-Red-Rice/p/LOT-00160&c=LotusFoods@All )
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ bunch green onions, finely chopped
- ½ c. carrots, diced
- ½ c. shitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 c. vegetable stock
- Wash rice with cold water. Soak in warm water for 1 hour.
- Heat butter in a pot, stir in onions and cook 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, mushrooms and rice, stir for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, thyme and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil then put it in an oven dish, cover and cook at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let it sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serves 4.