For churches wishing to honor refugees during a worship service or study time, or to raise awareness about refugees, we have provided a number of resources that will help you to remember refugees in prayer, celebrate those refugees who have been a part of a congregation’s life, and educate yourselves about current refugee situations.
Refugee Welcome Resources
Opportunities to demonstrate refugee welcome in our community/congregations and build positive narratives with and about our refugee neighbors.
Worship and Discussion Resources
Opportunities to engage in meaningful dialogue with congregational or other discussion groups about welcoming refugees and worship service resources honoring refugees including prayers, litanies, and scriptures.
- Worship resources, advocacy kits, and fact sheets from Church Word Service
- Book and Discussion materials compiled by MCC focusing on hospitality
- Welcome Weekend Toolkit/ Resources, including resources for worship services
- Worship Resources compiled by MCC
- “My Neighbor Is Muslim,” a seven-part study guide for use by local congregations or other discussion groups. This resource was developed by Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota and written by professors at Luther College and Luther Seminary for use in Minnesota.
- Host a Refugee Speaker from Refugee Services
Information and Updates
Opportunities to stay informed, learn about what faith communities and others are saying and doing around the country in support of refugees, and what actions are needed as the environment shifts.
- Church World Service
- Interfaith Immigration Coalition
- Refugee Council USA
- Episcopal Migration Ministries Advent Advocacy Webinars: EMM presented a series of Advent Advocacy webinars, sharing the latest developments and how individuals and congregations can be involved in supporting resettlement. Click here to view past webinars.
Get Involved with Refugee Services
Opportunities to get involved through volunteering, donating household items, and co-sponsorship with MCC Refugee Services.