Thank you for your interest in working for the Minnesota Council of Churches.
We are pleased to offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Gold Medical insurance plan
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Employer contributing retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free parking
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
POSITION TITLE: Community Engagement Specialist (Mankato office, 30-40 hours/week, regular, non-exempt)
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To engage diverse community stakeholders to support the needs of refugees through volunteer engagement and experiential learning opportunities. To enhance positive outcomes for refugees through collaborations with internal team and community partners. To advocate for and organize community around fair lending practices. To maximize program operations and outcomes to promote community inclusion and refugee self-sufficiency. This position works to promote the contributions of refugees and immigrants in our community, advocate for fair lending practices, and connect MCC to community volunteers, organizations and supporters.
Program Coordination & Facilitation: (10-15 hours/week)
- Coordinate community inclusion initiatives with varying timelines (Tapestry Project, 1:1 Volunteer Matching)
- Work with diverse teams to plan and co-facilitate opportunities for mutual learning and social connectedness
- Coordinate and track program logistics (interpreters, transportation, participant recruitment)
- Generate/utilize tools for planning team (develop/update interactive curriculum, create agendas and action plans)
- Facilitate/Co-facilitate group discussions among diverse stakeholders
- Track project outcomes, fulfill reporting requirements, administer program evaluation tools
- Work with internal team to coordinate 1:1 matches with refugee families and volunteers
- Maintain and track data, as well as other program related activities.
Community Engagement: (10-15 hours/week)
- Work with Associate Director to promote opportunities for engagement
- Work with Associate Director to develop and sustain relationships with refugees and community stakeholders
- Recruit volunteers to engage in project activities
- Attend community meetings, events, professional groups, and committees to recruit volunteers to match with program and client needs
- Complete enrollment, provide training, orientation, and tracking of volunteers
- Provide support to community committees including Refugee Consortium as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Community Organizing and Advocating (10 hours/week)
- Work in collaboration with organizers around the state to organize community in support of fair lending practices, and against payday lending
- Teach community members about the problems of payday lending
- Develop and implement a communications plan for this organizing in the greater Mankato community, including op-ed writing, promoting letter writing, etc.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local legislators, organizational partners, and community leaders to promote this issue
- Identify local stories to create positive change on the issue
- Convene gatherings of stakeholders for education and planning
- Professional demeanor with ability to build positive community relationships
- Ability to engage positively with English Language Learners
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Possess strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to respond with flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Experience working with refugees or immigrants
- Proven record of successful planning, coordinating, and implementing of projects
- Experience with group facilitation and/or program coordination
- Demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally among diverse community partners
- Demonstrated ability to maintain detailed records and submit accurate reports in a timely manner
- Demonstrated communication skills in negotiation, conflict management, and mediation
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, for effective engagement with local, state and federal stakeholders
- Prior experience in community organizing, engagement, or outreach
- Experience in program development, coordination, or implementing community initiatives in a collaborative setting
- Experience with utilizing online applications and software: website development, Survey Monkey, Doodle, Formstack, and others
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Publisher, Power Point, Access, Microsoft Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
Normal office conditions. This position works out of MCC’s Mankato office at 501 South 2nd Street. Job duties are performed primarily during the weekday business hours, with occasional weekend or evening hours.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Sick leave, vacation, holiday, medical/dental/life insurance and generous retirement benefits are provided.
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION, RESUME, COVER BY 9/22/2021 TO Minnesota Council of Churches * 122 West Franklin Ave #100 * Minneapolis MN 55404
Phone: 612-230-3204 * FAX: 612-870-3622 * email@example.com (See link to application form below)